Castens' Manor, was built in 1912 by lumberman Henry Castens from oak, redwood and fir trees on his land. The 6.3 acres is equal parts orchard, gardens and redwood forest. The classic Craftsman bungalow features paneled living and dining rooms, a massive stone fireplace and stained glass-front cabinets. The home has a remodeled kitchen, breakfast room and bathroom and 3 bedrooms. The back terrace features a jacuzzi, an outdoor shower and barbeque. The front porch with bucolic views and a grand staircase leading to the pool and gardens. Downstairs has been renovated with 3 seasonal bedrooms, 1 bath with kitchenette and laundry room. Up the hill, the renovated water tower is now a charming 1 bedroom, 1 bath cottage with a full kitchen. The gardens are rich and complex blooming in all seasons, fruit trees, vegetable garden, 3 small barns for husbandry of chickens, goats, horses. Convenient to Healdsburg, and the Russian River the home is 60 miles from the Golden Gate.
Residential - Single Family, Craftsman, 2 Story
1,424 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
Detailed Room Information
- Master Bedroom
- Bedroom - Outside Access
- Formal Room
- Dryer Included,Washer Included
- Breakfast Area,Concrete Counter
- Bath Description
- Shower Stall(s),Stone,Tile
- Free Standing Gas Oven,Free Standing Gas Range,Free Standing Refrigerator,Microwave
- Ceiling Fan(s)
- Propane. Heat Pump, Fireplace, Hot Water.
- 1. Living Room,Stone,Wood Burning.
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. 12 Parking Spaces. Uncovered Parking Space.
- Front Porch,Wrap Around Porch
- Pool Description
- Private Pool, Built-In,Gunite Construction
- Spa/Hot Tub Personal
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Landscape Misc,Private, Front Porch,Wrap Around Porch. Landscape Misc,Private.
The scores below measure the walkability of the address, access to public transit of the area and the convenience of using a bike on a scale of 1-100
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Courtesy: Alain-Martin Pierret, Compass
Agent License: 01821933
Information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change. Copyright 2022 Bay Area Real Estate Information Services, Inc. All rights reserved.